Many designers believe the only marker to success is being published. While that is fantastic publicity for your company, you must empower yourself … and that is where social media comes into play. It’s never been easier to get your work into the limelight than by posting on blogs and social networking sites, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
The great thing about social media is that you will reach your target audience … people who know you and who are interested in you and your business. The very editors and connections you are trying to make are surfing the net and may find you online. You’ll make new connections and expand your network.
Recently, a colleague of mine gave a presentation about how to use social media to grow your interior design business. Peg McDermott, an online marketing specialist and founder of CoGo Interactive, shared the following key elements to an effective social media strategy:
- Create a polished web presence and make sure your website is optimized for search engines.
- A blog is the single most important element in a successful social media marketing program.
- Flickr, YouTube, Slideshare and other sites are excellent vehicles to showcase your work.
- Create a fan page on Facebook.
- Start Tweeting.
- Expand your profile on LinkedIn.
- Integrate all the moving parts to cross-promote your social presence.
- Measure your results to make sure you are on course to reach the goals you have set.
This is just an overview of ways to build a solid social media strategy in this competitive industry. Click here to read the complete article.
Remember … you don’t have to wait for someone to be interested in your story, idea, product or service. Empower yourself through social media!
Click here to view the original newsletter.